Centro Selva Arte y Ciencia works mainly in the Peruvian Central Amazon basin in the Ucayali region Este side of Peru. Its activities are in different areas of the region but the main stay is in family owned agricultural and livestock farmlands, Margenes del Bosque, in the Campo Verde district of Ucayali.
Margenes del Bosque offers more that 400 hectares of forests, reforested areas, pounds, streams, prairies, fish farms, natural flora and fauna. Margenes del Bosque is aligned with ideas Centro Selva in developing holistic projects of responsible production within a multidisciplinary approach.
About the Ucayali Region
Centro Selva is located in the Ucayali region in the district of Campo Verde, 39 km (24 miles) from the region’s capital city of Pucallpa.
About Margenes del Bosque/residency’s location.
Margenes del Bosque is a family-owned agriculture and livestock business, founded as such in 1996. Its founder was Alfredo Riesco de la Vega, Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics. Its activities include livestock production, pisciculture, regional fruits, etc.
The company has always emphasized the sustainability of natural resources, searching for a production system in harmony with the Amazonian context and identifying adequate geographic spaces for the development of new sustainable systems in the use of the land
- Pucallpa city: is 39 km from Centro Selva.
- Region capital and the provincial capital of Coronel Portillo
- Located on amazon land, specifically on the left side of the Ucayali river.
- Tropical, with an average temperature of 26 ° C, peaks can reach 34 ° C on est days.
- Annual rainfall reaches 157 cm.
- Between June and September, it is generally dry and warm, though January through March is wetter.
- Population: 204,772 inhabitants
- Local population: Mestizo, with migration from different areas of Peru.
- Local communities: Shipico-Konibo, Cashinahua, Sharanahua, Nahua, Cashibo-Cacataibo, Culina, etc.